ClassifiedsTravel I Exporters Listings I Importers I Trade Help I Business I Export ads I Publishing I RegisterBus




Foreigners can form companies in Thailand. You NOW need 3 shareholders to form a Limited company & the company must be registered with a valid corporate address. Shares can be 100% foreign owned being individuals or entities, unless the intended business objectives are reserved for Thai nationals under the Foreign Business Act, which requires the company to apply for an Alien Business License prior to commencement of the business. If a company has one Thai shareholder holding 51% of the shares then this is not a foreign company under Thai law and doesn’t fall under the Foreign Business Act.


Setting your company up: What you need to know
Categories of Business what you can do




Everything from Thailand visa applications, Entry Requirements, Thailand Visa Information, visa for Thailand, foreign visa & immigration help & much more. 






Dont you get caught out on excessive charges to set your company up. Many have fallen into the trap!!!! A company formulated according to what you wish to do is our guidance & your success.


Rules for work permit holders. New companies wishing to have work permits need to show their share capital in the Bank? FOR EVERY FOREIGNER wishing to join an existing Thai company you must now show 2m baht in the bank when they go to register. For each additional foreigner you need to show 2m baht per each. Company rules came into being regarding share capital when forming a new company. Its a lot easier to buy a second hand company now then have a new company as the Thai director must have access to the Company Bank account; all the shareholders will be interviewed on work roles so you cannot have nominees and the Thai shareholders must have bank accounts. Your premises will be inspected as well. One work permit 2m baht and you need WP3 form from the labour Office to apply for a work permit and increases of 2m baht per work permit after that. A 1m baht company does exist again for foreigners regardless if married to Thais or not but you cannot use to have work permit and you will not get a non immigrant B visa as you need WP3 or Tor Tor 3 form if you go to an embassy away from Thailand etc. THIS MEANS YOU MUST HAVE A COMPANY SET UP ALREADY.



You are not allowed to form a Company just to hold a house or property under. The law states that you must carry on a business and in March 2006 the authorities set about investigating companies and their employees. A Company must file yearly audit; have 7 shareholders and the Thai workers. This old law was enforced on May 25th 2006 and now Companies who have properties must prove where the money came from & all new house sales under Companies will be looked at. With housing developments foreigners have benefited themselves on property sales so this practice is now under investigation and especially in high level property sales in Samui, Pattaya, Phuket. Many foreigners & small property owners are affected by this now but like anything if you do things right in Thailand you will be OK but always ask second opinions!!!! It may save you in the long run. 

In a company you need 7 partners & foreigners can only hold 49% shares but you can according to the investment control 100% via B.O.I. (Board of Investment) or if American have an Amity company. Foreigners as from 2001 can make up 6 out of 7 shareholders but Thais still hold 51% of the shares. What one does not know until they decide to form a company is that certain businesses are closed to foreigners. These businesses are categorized into 2 different areas with 3rd open. So when you form a company make sure it doesn't come under the following or write to us. 


The Alien Business Law (N.E.C. Announcement 281). Business activities falling in categories A & B are generally closed to foreigners. Under category C you must obtain a permit prior to commencing business. Businesses outside these categories are exempt. The Ministry of Commerce will also help applications of non trading offices.
Category A: 1.Agriculture: rice farming; salt farming. Commercial Business: Internal trade in local agriculture products, Land trade. Service business: Accounting, farming animals, architecture, advertising, brokerage, auctioning, Barber, hair dressing & beautician. Building industry.
Category B. 1. Agriculture Business: orchids, cultivation, animal husbandry including silk worm raising, timbering, fishing. 2. Industrial & Handicraft: Rice milling, Flour making, sugar, alcohol & non alcohol drinks, Ice cream, Pharmaceutical manufacturing, cold storage, timber, gold, silver and inlaid stone, wood carving, lacquer-ware, match making, cement etc, Dynamiting rocks, Manufacturing garments & shoes, Printing, newspaper publishing, silk weaving or silk printing, manufacture of finished products in silk.3. Commercial: all retailing not in category C. Ore trading not in Category C, selling food an drinks, trading of antiques & fine arts.4 Service Industry: Tour agency, Hotels except Hotel management, photography, laundering, dress making and service jobs.5. Land, water & ie.  transport.
Category C. You are allowed to do the following. Exporting, all wholesale trades not in A & B. retiling machinery, equipment & tools, selling food, beverages that promote tourism. Industrial & handicraft Business: manufacturing animal feeds, vegetable oil extraction, textile manufacturing, dyeing, fabric printing, glass ware manufacturing, making plates and bowls, stationary & printing paper, rock salt mining, mining. 
Service: anything not in A or B.


Costs 25,000 baht plus you need to have 7 shareholders in place; Bangkok is usually more up to 54,000baht . Prices may not include  Govt fees & ID tax code for you or VAT reg. If you use our services we outline in English each step you are paying for & no hidden costs are included. We welcome any questions or queries you have.



Those early companies used lawyers who in turn used their staff as nominees or Thais off the streets. Once paid off then that's the end of those nominees, or you thought. However one must remember that if you make a yearly profit you must pay dividends to all the share holders. But, where are they: "the inevitable, my lawyer will take care of it"?? A lawyer is not an accountant so make sure you differentiate between having both when you start a Company. If you are not paying VAT, Social Welfare tax & no yearly audits you will be fined. If you own a property and use a company you must carry on a business & run into profit mode after 3 years.


One can transform a Thai company into a foreign firm. For some of these companies it is to risky to maintain the Thai status as the intention violates the Alien Business Law.  It is now difficult for small and medium foreign companies with capital registration of less than Thai Baht 100 million to get a wholesale license, service license and/or retail of machinery-equipment license as the application has to be approved by a 21 persons committee comprising of high-ranking authorities from various ministries etc. This committee will protect small and medium Thai Business.


COMPANY NAME: Cannot be a country or city name & must end with the words: Company Limited (Co. Ltd); Corporation Limited (Corp.Ltd); or Limited (Ltd).  [ CHECK SETUP COSTS ]




Dont you get caught out on excessive charges to set your company up. Many have fallen into the trap!!!! A company formulated according to what you wish to do is our guidance & your success.


Only open to USA companies and individuals but you can own 100% of your company. You need a company first and then you apply to the USA Embassy in Bangkok. To see what you must do go to [ Amity treaty ].

 We now offer a Thai work permit, Thai company & Thai limited partnership. Ask us for more information.         or go to  [ LAWYER ] [ Guesthouse biz ] [ Bar Business ] [ Biz advice buying ]  

We assist all buyers of property and we have our own builders, architects and staff on hand to help you. Check out We can assist on all law matters in Thailand with English speaking 24 hour service


The Top Real Estate website with buying guide for Thailand Try Check out Green View Home ownership, land for sale for retirees, buying guide & more right on the Golf Course

EXPORTS IMPORTS & SHIPPING [ SHIPPING FORM ] [ Shipping Info ] [ Shipping & Freight ] [ Arriving Bangkok ]  [ Importing to Thailand ] [ Importing Cars & Vehicles to Thailand ] [ Freight forwarding ] [ Container cost ]  [ Sea freight ] [ Air freight ] [ Airlines in Thailand ] [Back to exporters list ] [ Container cost ] [ Shipping to USA ] [ Shipping Personal items ] [ Shipping Cars ] [ Shipping Agent ] [ Buddha images & Food  ] [ Tariffs ] [ Letter of credit ] [ Fine Arts license ]  [ SHIPPING FORM


[ Outsourcing Products in China & Thailand ]        






Please email :  Copyright of  SEAsia Trading Post, Thailand & KPS Thailand International Trade Ltd.

N.B. Complete law services via our NEW Thai Lawyer partner . (re: Alien Business Law: NEC Announcement 281 Cat A prohibited to foreigners). However under the terms of our  Company License Asia Trading Post (Co Ltd)  provide : 1. Cat 34 lawyer services  &2.  Cat 35.consultancy services.

 COPYRIGHT: No parts or parts of this website may be copied, printed or circulated for publication in any form or part of without the express written permission of Asia Trading Post

. Please also note all Thailand affected pages which include eg. law, immigration, visas can not be used unless  written permission is obtained from Asia Trading Post by way of contract.  All infringements will be an infringement of privacy and our company will act accordingly. See FAQs