New consular fees will take effect July 13, 2010 at all U.S. embassies and consulates worldwide, including the US Embassy in Bangkok and the Consulate in Chiang Mai. The fee changes include higher fees for U.S. passports, Consular Reports of Birth Abroad, and notarial services, as well as a new fee for adding additional pages to a U.S. passport. More information can be found at
and on the Embassy website at
The following is a partial list of services and the fee changes:
- The application processing fee for adult passport applications will change from $55 to $70.
- The passport book security surcharge will change from $20 to $40.
- The application fee for passport cards will increase, from $20 to $30 for adults, and from $10 to $15 for minors.
- A new fee of $82 for additional passport pages will be imposed.
- The fee for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad will change from $65 to $100.
- Notarial and authentication services, which now range from $20 to $30, will
all be $50.
- The immigrant visa (IV) application fee - which must be collected from all IV applicants who are not fee-exempt - will now be tiered. The new fees
will be $330 for immediate relative and family preference cases (processed on the basis of an I-130, I-600 or I-800 petition), $720 for employment-based cases (processed on the basis of an I-140 petition), and $305 for other cases (special IVs, Diversity Visas (DVs), self-petitioned cases, and all other IVs).
- The IV security surcharge - which must be collected from all IV applicants who are not fee-exempt - will increase from $45 to $74.
- The DV fee (which is charged in addition to the application processing fee and security surcharge) will change from $375to $440.
The American Citizen Services section of the U.S. Embassy Bangkok <http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/> is located at 95 Wireless Road, Bangkok
10330, Thailand. The American Citizen Services Unit of the U.S. Embassy can be reached by calling 66-2-205-4049 and by e-mail at
. The emergency after-hours telephone number is 66-2-205-4000.
The U.S. Consulate General in Chiang Mai <http://chiangmai.usconsulate.gov/>is located at 387 Wichayanond Road in Chiang Mai. The American Citizen Services Unit of the Consulate General can be reached by calling 66-53-107-777 and by e-mail at
. The after-hours emergency telephone number is 66-81-881-1878.