Visa & marriageTravel I Visa Myanmar I Visa Nepal I Bangkok I Chiangmai Hotels I Pattaya I Golf Chiangmai golf 





Remember if coming to Thailand for longer stays then 1 month go to your nearest Thai Consulate in your home country. Arrival in Thailand you can obtain 30 days eg. USA. It varies between countries so check first as the rules have changed. [ Countries ]


TRAVELLING OUT OF THAILAND: the Royal Thai Embassies and the Royal Thai Consulates visa fees:

o US $60.00 for single entry
o US $150.00 for multiple entries
o US $150.00 (APEC Multiple Entries)
o US $300.00 (Three-year Non-Immigrant "B" for Business and Work)

o US $30.00 per entry

o US $25.00 per entry


The following report may be of interest to: All expatriates considering applying for a residence permit. Criteria to obtain residence permit. The Thai Immigration Department quotas for all expatriates applying for residence permits are 100 persons per nationality. All foreigners may qualify to apply for a residence permit if he/she

1. Holds a passport of his/her current nationality, which was granted a NON-IMMIGRANT VISA and the individual has been permitted to stay in the Kingdom of Thailand for of at least 3 consecutive years up to the application submission date.

2. Has personal qualifications that meet one or more of the following categories: 1) Investment category 2) Working/ Business category 3) Humanity Reasons category: He/she must have relationship with a Thai citizen or an alien who already possesses a residence permit as the followings: - A legal husband or wife - A legal father or mother - A child who is under 20 years of age up to the submission date of application and must be single

4) Expert category  5) Other categories     Submission period for the applications The applicants can submit the applications once a year. Normally, the opening date for the applications is in December, we recommend to prepare the required documents 1-2 months earlier. Once the date is announced, the applications can be submitted until the last working day of the year. The results will be announced in May 2007 and the residence permits will be issued in December. 

If you have resided in Thailand for 3 years on consecutive 1 year visas with no defaults like overstays and you want to reside in Thailand thereafter, there is provision where you can apply for a residence permit. Foreigners with non- immigrant visas who have resided in Thailand continuously for three years (on 1-year visa extensions), may apply for permanent residency. The media normally publish when the next issue will occur.
Place to contact:  information, pamphlets and applications forms,  Section 1, Sub-division 1, Immigration Division 1. Room 301, 3rd Floor,Old Building, Tel : (00-66 ) 02 287-3117 or 287-3101-10 Ext. 2234-5.  We can help you.

Thailand allows approx 100 nationals from certain countries the opportunity to apply. However we stress use the services of a lawyer. When filing an application form. A  fee of 5,000 Baht for adults and 2,500 Baht for each child must be paid as a guarantee.  Applicants may also be subject to interviews so best have a lawyer. A residency allows an alien to avoid the yearly visa renewals, and it also provides for work permit renewal to occur on an annual basis. Also, an alien with permanent residency status will be eligible to apply for Thai citizen- ship after 10 consecutive years under this classification.

If approved, a residence blue book is issued to the alien & there is a fee. The foreign resident must register  the place of residence in Thailand at the local Amphur Office and obtain a house card. 7 days after receipt of the residence certificate you then apply for an alien book (red book) at the local police station. You must re-register there every year, and the fee is 200 Baht.

If you wish to leave Thailand, you must notify the Immigration Division prior to departure. They issue you with an Endorsement of Departure, as this is needed when you return. A residence permit remains valid if the alien re-enters Thailand at least once a year. Before departure, you must clear tax as well. A residence permit does not cover the spouse or any dependents.

Children born in Thailand of foreign parents have a legal status all by themselves. They are not Thai citizens (even those born to a Thai mother and a foreign father are not automatically Thai citizens - only those born to Thai fathers qualify, regardless of the nationality of the mother). Children of foreign parents, even if both are just tourists, are not classified as tourists. To be considered legal residents, children also don’t need a residence permit. Immigration officers say that those born in Thailand can stay indefinitely without any formalities, until they leave the country for the first time on a non-Thai passport. Those born in Thailand do not need a residence permit but must be holders of a Thai birth certificate. Processing takes about two weeks and usually is handled by the hospital where the child was born. Birth certificates are standard forms in Thai. Law offices have  English translations of these forms costing 200-400 baht

Aliens with permanent resident visas who wish to travel abroad: Submit resident's book for endorsement before leaving bring passport to apply for a non-quota immigrant visa in order to maintain your permanent residence in the country. You must return within a year of receiving the endorsement otherwise you forfeit your permanent residence visa. In the one year time period, you can enter and leave the country as many times as a non-quota immigrant visa permits. 
For the Central/Bangkok Area: Section 2, Sub-division 1, Immigration 
Division 1, 1st Floor, Old Building, Tel. 287-3101-10 Ext. 2273
For Provincial Areas: Contact any Immigration check-point throughout the 
country. Requirements: 
1. Resident's book
2. Alien identification card 
3. Passport or substitute document 
4. Work permit (if any) 
5. Three 4x6 cm. Photos
6. Application Form, T.M. 13; for those of Chinese nationality other 
nationalities need 2 copies. 
7. 1 copy of Application Form T.M. 22
8. 500 bath for endorsement fee, 500 bath for non-quota per 
application. Subsequent applications can be made.
9. An alien must apply in person each time.

Remember use a lawyer as they can get things done a lot better than you.[ Lawyer ]

[ Businessmen wanting Residency using a Company ]

REASONS FOR REVOKING PERMANENT RESIDENCE STATUS Section 53 of the Immigration Act B.E.2522 (1979) There are 7  reasons for which permanent residence status in Thailand can be revoked. 

  1. Those persons whose behaviour would (a) indicate danger to the public or likely of becoming a nuisance, or (b) constitute any form of violence that would disturb the peace or safety of the public or endanger the security of the nation; and persons under warrant of arrest by a competent official of any foreign government.Cases where persons entered the Kingdom for the purpose of being involved in prostitution, trading of women or children, drug smuggling, or other types of smuggling contrary to public morality.Persons persona non grata by the Interior Minister under Section 16 of the Immigration Act B.E.2522 (1979).Those persons sentenced to imprisonment by judgement or legal order of a Thai court or a court in a foreign country, except in the case of a minor offence, an offence committed through negligence, or an offence exempted as prescribed by Ministerial Regulations.Those persons unable to earn their living because of mental deficiency or physical infirmity or as a result of having any disease as prescribed by Ministerial Regulations. (This category does not apply to an alien father, mother, husband, wife or child of a person having domicile within the Kingdom and who can provide support.)Persons who have, at any time in the past, been punished in cases of bringing an alien into the Kingdom, or who have in any way helped, assisted or facilitated an alien to enter the Kingdom in contravention of Immigration Law
  2. Persons who have, at any time in the past, been punished in cases of having knowledge of any alien entering the Kingdom in   contravention of Immigration Law, and who have harboured, hidden or in any manner assisted said alien to evade arrest

Please note you must leave Thailand if your Visa expires. if you use agents then you will be prosecuted. The law states one must leave themselves. Please note you can obtain a non immigrant B visa in Penang if you have the right company papers and WP3 or Tor tor 3 form from the labour office  In Mae Sai if going for a tourist one month visa you must show 10,000 baht when you come back  into Thailand. For families 40,000 baht in cash and 3 month non immigrant holders 20,000 baht you must show  to the Thai border on the way into Thailand. However dress nicely as they are only asking those they think do not have any cash but be aware of this IN CASE YOU ARE ASKED. All other border crossings they do not ask for cash. REMEMBER OVERSTAY IS NOW 500 BAHT PER DAY.

Our Law Office in now registered to sign notary documents and Visas. We also can assist those wanting to transact business in China & those in Bangkok who wish to seek help with Thai partners to secure visas to their countries. We are the first Visa news Company running in Thailand and have all English speaking lawyers in Bangkok and Chiangmai.

TAT licensed: No 023 0533 ASIA TRADING TRAVEL





  You need to travel to Chang Khong, Mae Sot or Nong Khai in Laos. --- PLEASE RING THE MAE SAI IMMIGRATION: (053) 731-008 OR CHIANGMAI (053) 277-510  & MAE SOT (055)563-002-4 TO CONFIRM

Law services-. Use our Thai Law Office & compare our fees. Specializing in all Law work including retired visas, work permits, company formation, limited partnerships, wills, contracts, title deed searches, conveyancy, leases, house buying, litigation, marriage services, criminal work, translations English, Thai, German. WE QUOTE LAW SERVICES ON REQUEST. 

POLICE COMPLAINTS: now have a new email address if you have a problem with Thai Police on  & P.O. Box 191, Rong Muang, Pathum Wan, 10330, Thailand.


Online English content Thai guide to financial freedom, business success and expat living in Thailand.  located at    or view us on

Excellent guide to Permanent residency & Expat website:

Need to rent or buy a condo, apartment or house in ChiangMai or North Thailand then check out the new Asia Real Estate---[ Properties ] The only Thailand Real Estate that publishes on hardcopy & has ongoing help services to their clients for FREE specializing to foreigners. Highly recommended .


[ Non immigrant Visas ] [Lawyer costs & services ] [ Visas ] [ Re-entry Visa] [ Work Permits ] [ Companies ] [ Limited Partnerships ] [ Tourist visas ] [ Apply for Residency Visa] [ 1 year visa ] [ Thai license ]  [ Company tax ] [ Income tax ] [ Company VAT ] [ Read expats Newsboard   VISA COSTS ] [ Visa checkpoint emails ]

[ Thailand Visas on arrival ][ Re-entry Visas ] [ Borders Open for Visas ]

[ THAI VISA & IMMIGRATION NEWS ] [ Thai Immigration ] [ Laos Visas ] [ Laos Info ] [ Myanmar Visas ] [ Myanmar Travel ] [ Cambodia ] [ Nepal ] [ World Thai Embassy Addresses ]

bulletCurrent Thailand Weather
bulletThai Baht Exchange Rates
bulletRent, lease or buy a Business in Chiangmai we can help:
bulletBangkok Trader NEWS: Free [ classifieds ]
bulletBangkok Real Estate:  from condos, rentals, short term serviced apartments, see us.


EXPORTS IMPORTS & SHIPPING [ SHIPPING FORM ] [ Shipping Info ] [ Shipping & Freight ] [ Arriving Bangkok ]  [ Importing to Thailand ] [ Importing Cars & Vehicles to Thailand ] [ Freight forwarding ] [ Container cost ]  [ Sea freight ] [ Air freight ] [ Airlines in Thailand ] [Back to exporters list ] [ Container cost ] [ Shipping to USA ] [ Shipping Personal items ] [ Shipping Cars ] [ Shipping Agent ] [ Buddha images & Food  ] [ Tariffs ] [ Letter of credit ] [ Fine Arts license ]  [ SHIPPING FORM ]



[ Outsourcing Products in China & Thailand ]                        






Please email :

N.B. Complete law services via our NEW Thai Lawyer partner . (re: Alien Business Law: NEC Announcement 281 Cat A prohibited to foreigners). However under the terms of our  Company License Asia Trading Post (Co Ltd)  provide : 1. Cat 34 lawyer services  &2.  Cat 35.consultancy services.

 COPYRIGHT: No parts or parts of this website may be copied, printed or circulated for publication in any form or part of without the express written permission of Asia Trading Post Co Ltd. Please also note all Thailand affected pages which include eg. law, immigration, visas can not be used unless  written permission is obtained from both 29 Tanin Co Ltd--Law Office & also Asia Trading Post Co Ltd by way of contract.  All infringements will be an infringement of privacy and our company will act accordingly. See FAQs