Everything from Thailand visa applications, Entry Requirements, Thailand Visa Information, visa for Thailand, foreign visa & immigration help & much more. The original ThaiVisa News website. We now have our ads on: Join us and check out the hottest new classifiedssection. FREE for private & business listings from everything you want to buy & sell in Thailand.



Remember if coming to Thailand for longer stays then 1 month go to your nearest Thai Consulate in your home country. Arrival in Thailand you can obtain 30 days eg. USA. It varies between countries so check first as the rules have changed. [ Countries ]


TRAVELLING OUT OF THAILAND: the Royal Thai Embassies and the Royal Thai Consulates visa fees:

o US $60.00 for single entry
o US $150.00 for multiple entries
o US $150.00 (APEC Multiple Entries)
o US $300.00 (Three-year Non-Immigrant "B" for Business and Work)

o US $30.00 per entry

o US $25.00 per entry


VISA RULES If you are on a tourist visa living or staying in Thailand the days of visa runs are over.  Maximum stay of 90 days for foreigners then you must leave for 90 days. Visa-on-arrival (VOA) regulations HAVE BEEN tightened for nationals of 41 countries to prevent abuse of the privilege and curb the rising number of illegal entries, according to the Immigration Police Bureau (IPB). Foreign nationals from those countries, including the US, China and India, can stay longer but with fewer chances of renewing the VOA.  


Effective April 1 2007.

Visa exemptions, or “visas on arrival”, allow tourists from certain countries who arrive at a Thai border without a visa to have permits-to-stay, normally for a period of 30 days, issued by Immigration officials.
People who enter Thailand on a ‘visa exemption’ are permitted to stay only 90 days in a six-month period,
From April 1, they count only the days the foreigner has stayed in Thailand – and foreigners are now allowed to stay past the 180-day period,”

The number of consecutive visa exemptions allowed is no longer limited to three. Those who choose to enter on multiple visa exemptions it is up to the discretion of the Immigration officer how many days to grant the new arrival, provided it is 30 days or fewer. The 90-day rule does not affect people who have been issued a visa from a Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate overseas.

Parents bringing children to Thailand to attend school, can apply for non-immigrant ED visas for their children at any Royal Thai Embassy outside Thailand. Parents can apply for a non-immigrant O visas for themselves so they can enter the country and care for their children here, and then they can apply for permits to stay at the Immigration office after entering the country. Many international schools in Thailand help parents prepare applications for permits to stay & children under 14 years old are not fined for an overstay.



1/.  Once you have 3 entries of 1x month Tourist stamps in your passport which = 90 days you must then leave Thailand and obtain a fresh visa from abroad. If you already have a few stamps you may be cut off now which means you may have to apply for a retirement visa or non immigrant visa in a country well away from Thailand then return. Remember all your entries are now on database & as at Oct 1st some borders will number each entry.

2/. If over 50 yrs our suggestion is apply for a non immigrant O in your own country. Return to Thailand and obtain a retirement visa. We can assist you but you must have 800,000 baht in the bank so please look at the requirements and if you can comply.

3/. If married to a Thai then obtain a marriage visa but you need to have non immigrant visa; marriage cert &. 400,000 baht in the bank. Proof of funds coming into Thailand. Vientianne is easy and takes one day: Take pics both you and wife, copies of your marriage cert, original marriage cert, and proof of funds--same day.

4/. If you have a company then you need to show WP3 or Tor tor 3 form from the labour office and apply for a one year visa after you have been in business and have your yearly audit. But you can apply first for non immigrant B visa with WP3 form & travel to Penang but you must have Company setup papers complete. You need a lawyer to do the bookwork.

5/. You can get a non immigrant B visa in the UK, Aus, USA not near Thailand but ask your lawyer to assist you if you have current company or if your company is in limbo and you wish to restart.

6/. Remember all new companies your staff will be interviewed for their job status so you cannot have a shelf company & a company with nominees just to fill the numbers!!. All new companies must have bank account under major Thai director shareholder as well so if you think you can hold the company account be warned?. 

7/. You could try applying for a new passport but you risk still not complying as your entries are on database

8/. For all those that cannot comply I am afraid you will need to leave Thailand & get yourself a fresh visa from the Royal Thai Embassy abroad.

9/. NEW RULING FOR COMPANIES:  For those thinking about setting up a company check the [ Company costs ]

 Please note you must leave Thailand if your Visa expires. if you use agents then you will be prosecuted. The law states one must leave themselves and everything is on computer now. Please note you can obtain a non immigrant B visa in Penang but you must have WP3 ( tor tor3 ) form from the Labour  Office and all documentation even to get a single non immigrant B visa. Do not go if you just have a letter and company papers as you will be refused. Please use a lawyer as the paperwork must be right or you will be declined. OVERSTAY IS NOW 500 BAHT PER DAY. 


TRAVELLING OUT OF THAILAND:  Penang has stopped all double and multiple tourist visas unless the Company can furnish balance sheets, financial statements etc. But you should really be on a one year work visa anyway if your company is paying VAT tax which it must do to employ you.

If you are on a tourist visa living or staying in Thailand and travel say to Hongkong for a few days make sure when you re enter Thailand you have your onward ticket. If not you will be jailed by Immigration on entering until someone brings your exit ticket from your home showing immigration for leaving Thailand.

Please note you must leave Thailand if your Visa expires. if you use agents then you will be prosecuted. The law states one must leave themselves. Please note you can obtain a non immigrant B visa in Penang if you have the right company papers and WP3 or Tor tor 3 form from the labour office  In Mae Sai if going for a tourist one month visa you must show 10,000 baht when you come back  into Thailand. For families 40,000 baht in cash and 3 month non immigrant holders 20,000 baht you must show  to the Thai border on the way into Thailand. However dress nicely as they are only asking those they think do not have any cash but be aware of this IN CASE YOU ARE ASKED. All other border crossings they do not ask for cash. REMEMBER OVERSTAY IS NOW 500 BAHT PER DAY.

Our Law Office in now registered to sign notary documents and Visas. We also can assist those wanting to transact business in China & those in Bangkok who wish to seek help with Thai partners to secure visas to their countries. We are the first Visa news Company running in Thailand and have all English speaking lawyers in Bangkok and Chiangmai.




Thai consulate in Langkawi, Malaysia  Thailand opened a consulate in the Malaysian resort island of Langkawi serving Thai nationals working or visiting the island as well as tourists. New Thai honourable consulate in Langkawi. The Thai government opened the new honourary consulate in Langkawi .

Kuala Lumpur
Royal Thai Embassy, 206 Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : (03) 248-8005, 8222, 8350, 8420 Fax : (03) 248-6527 email : 

Royal Thai Consulate-General, No.1, Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman, 10350 Penang, Malaysia.
Tel : (094) 226-8029,9484 Fax : (094) 226-3121
email :

Royal Thai Embassy, 45, 91 Pyay Rd.,Yangon,The Union of Myanmar. Tel : (951) 525-670, 533-082,
221-713-6Fax : (951) 222-784
Tourist visas cost approximately US$30, stay of up to 4 weeks.

Royal Thai Embassy, Office Of Commercial Affairs, 169 M.V.MAO Tse Toung, (Rue 245) Sangkat Toul Svay Prey 1, Khan Chamcarmon Mon Phnom Phen, Cambodia Tel : 855-23 364607 Fax: 855-23 310150

[ More Immigration & Checkpoint addresses ]


Cambodia: Recently the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Cambodia and International Cooperation is launching e-Visa that enables traveler to apply for a travel visa online. The applicant does not need to visit a Cambodian Embassy to submit an application or even need to sent an application to the Embassy and wait for a response. All they need is to access the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website,, get their passport and credit card information ready and e-Visa will deliver the Visa to their mailbox for them to print. You can always review our website for more information.

  You need to travel to Chang Khong, Mae Sot or Nong Khai in Laos. --- PLEASE RING THE MAE SAI IMMIGRATION: (053) 731-008 OR CHIANGMAI (053) 277-510  & MAE SOT (055)563-002-4 TO CONFIRM

Law services-. Use our Thai Law Office & compare our fees. Specializing in all Law work including retired visas, work permits, company formation, limited partnerships, wills, contracts, title deed searches, conveyancy, leases, house buying, litigation, marriage services, criminal work, translations English, Thai, German. WE QUOTE LAW SERVICES ON REQUEST. 

[ Non immigrant Visas ] [Lawyer costs & services ] [ Visas ] [ Re-entry Visa] [ Work Permits ] [ Companies ] [ Limited Partnerships ] [ Tourist visas ] [ Residency Visa] [ 1 year visa ] [ Thai license ]  [ Company tax ] [ Income tax ] [ Company VAT ] [ Read expats Newsboard   VISA COSTS ] [ Visa checkpoint emails ]

[ Thailand Visas on arrival ][ Re-entry Visas ] [ Borders Open for Visas ]

[ THAI VISA & IMMIGRATION NEWS ] [ Thai Immigration ] [ Laos Visas ] [ Laos Info ] [ Myanmar Visas ] [ Myanmar Travel ] [ Cambodia ] [ Nepal ] [ World Thai Embassy Addresses ]



Letter from my company sectary stating reasons for the visa - signed by her and with company stamp
Company registation / shareholders papers
Copies of passport & work permit
All of the above stamped & signed
2 x passport sized photos
550 Rigit

You must be 50 years old. (Must apply for a non immigrant O visa out of Thailand but once you have then you can reapply in Thailand). You must wait 60 days then apply & it takes one day. You need 800,000 Baht in the bank OR an equivalent amount of income of not less than 65,000 baht every month with proof of pension income before applying for a one year visa. If you need help ask us.
As at Jan 2007 we understand the 800,000baht must stay in your bank account! but this has not been confirmed as yet.

RETIREMENT VISAS: One Year  Quick and easy using our Law Office. Cost is 10,000 baht but we do have an Express 2 day service=cost 15,000baht. You need to show 800,000 baht in the Bank or pension fund with Thai Bank letter stating you have 65,000 baht coming in each month then email us to apply. You must have an existing non immigrant visa to apply & if coming to Thailand from overseas apply for a non immigrant  O visa at your Thai Embassy with proof of funds before you arrive in Thailand. You must be 50 years or over to be eligible.

RETIREMENT MARRIAGE VISAS: One Year  If married to a Thai you need 400,000 baht in the bank OR 40,000 baht per month coming in. You can go to many places now to secure a marriage visa but take bank statements; ID and marriage cert of wife etc. Singapore; Vientianne, Australia etc are the closest places. You will get a 1 year O non immigrant visa.

RESIDENCY VISAS: Our office can help you. Our fee is 20,000 baht not including government fees but make sure: 1/. you have 3 years consecutive multiple non immigrant visas to be eligible with no broken record eg. extensions or overstays? 2/. if a pensioner then proof of your funds monthly coming in 3/. What you have done to assist Thai society while you have been in Thailand. 4/.Your educational qualifications 5/. Document from your country from Police to say you have no previous criminal records & certified by your Embassy here.6/. Photo of your house or property if you have? 7/. All the above to be translated into Thai

YEAR WORKING VISAS: Again these are for foreigners working on work permits. We can assist you and it takes approx 3 months from time of application. You need your company papers, tax forms, yearly audit and work permit to apply. Recommended for all those on work permits.

If your status changes eg. your Thai wife dies then you must report this within 14 days and change your visa. Please also do not work even playing in a band as you will be locked up, fined and deported. 

INVESTMENT VISAS: There is no longer an Investment visa of if you have 3m baht invested in a condo.

NON IMMIGRANT A-O OR B MULTIPLE ENTRY VISAS: please do not ask us as you must obtain these at a Royal Thai Embassy out of Thailand

  VISAS FOR THAIS GOING TO YOUR COUNTRY: Our Bangkok law Office can now assist all foreigners with securing Visas for their spouses or friends to most countries. Please email us.  Check Thai Embassy web site at:

BANK ACCOUNTS FOR TOURISTS: These are now being reassessed and tourists may not be eligible to hold a bank account Jan 2007


Residence Permit applications:  

The following report may be of interest to: All expatriates considering applying for a residence permit. Criteria to obtain residence permit. The Thai Immigration Department quotas for all expatriates applying for residence permits are 100 persons per nationality. All foreigners may qualify to apply for a residence permit if he/she

1. Holds a passport of his/her current nationality, which was granted a NON-IMMIGRANT VISA and the individual has been permitted to stay in the Kingdom of Thailand for of at least 3 consecutive years up to the application submission date.

2. Has personal qualifications that meet one or more of the following categories: 1) Investment category 2) Working/ Business category 3) Humanity Reasons category: He/she must have relationship with a Thai citizen or an alien who already possesses a residence permit as the followings: - A legal husband or wife - A legal father or mother - A child who is under 20 years of age up to the submission date of application and must be single

4) Expert category  5) Other categories     Submission period for the applications The applicants can submit the applications once a year. Normally, the opening date for the applications is in December, we recommend to prepare the required documents 1-2 months earlier. Once the date is announced, the applications can be submitted until the last working day of the year. The results will be announced in May 2003 and the residence permits will be issued in December. 

.The costs in England are: 60 pounds for a non-immigrant multiple entry. NZ is $100NZ. USA $US45. Easy places to get the UK visa is Cardiff and in Australia Perth, Brisbane and Adelaide.

POLICE COMPLAINTS: now have a new email address if you have a problem with Thai Police on  & P.O. Box 191, Rong Muang, Pathum Wan, 10330, Thailand.

[ Thailand Visas on arrival ][ Re-entry Visas ] [ Non immigrant Visas ] [Lawyer costs & services ] [ Visas ] [ Work Permits ] [ Companies ] [ Limited Partnerships ] [ Tourist visas ] [ Residency Visa] [ 1 year visa ] [ Thai license ]  [ Company tax ] [ Income tax ] [ Company VAT ] [ Read expats Newsboard   VISA COSTS ] [ Visa checkpoint emails ]


Online English content Thai guide to financial freedom, business success and expat living in Thailand.  located at    or view us on

Need to rent or buy a condo, apartment or house in ChiangMai or North Thailand then check out the new Asia Real Estate---[ Properties ] The only Thailand Real Estate that publishes on hardcopy & has ongoing help services to their clients for FREE specializing to foreigners. Highly recommended .

bulletCurrent Thailand Weather
bulletThai Baht Exchange Rates
bulletRent, lease or buy a Business in Chiangmai we can help:
bulletBangkok Trader NEWS: Free [ classifieds ]
bulletBangkok Real Estate:  from condos, rentals, short term serviced apartments, see us.



EXPORTS IMPORTS & SHIPPING [ SHIPPING FORM ] [ Shipping Info ] [ Shipping & Freight ] [ Arriving Bangkok ]  [ Importing to Thailand ] [ Importing Cars & Vehicles to Thailand ] [ Freight forwarding ] [ Container cost ]  [ Sea freight ] [ Air freight ] [ Airlines in Thailand ] [Back to exporters list ] [ Container cost ] [ Shipping to USA ] [ Shipping Personal items ] [ Shipping Cars ] [ Shipping Agent ] [ Buddha images & Food  ] [ Tariffs ] [ Letter of credit ] [ Fine Arts license ]  [ SHIPPING FORM ]



[ Outsourcing Products in China & Thailand ]        






Please email :

N.B. Complete law services via our NEW Thai Lawyer partner . (re: Alien Business Law: NEC Announcement 281 Cat A prohibited to foreigners). However under the terms of our  Company License Asia Trading Post (Co Ltd)  provide : 1. Cat 34 lawyer services  &2.  Cat 35.consultancy services.

 COPYRIGHT: No parts or parts of this website may be copied, printed or circulated for publication in any form or part of without the express written permission of Asia Trading Post Co Ltd. Please also note all Thailand affected pages which include eg. law, immigration, visas can not be used unless  written permission is obtained from both 29 Tanin Co Ltd--Law Office & also Asia Trading Post Co Ltd by way of contract.  All infringements will be an infringement of privacy and our company will act accordingly. See FAQs