Visa & marriageTravel I Visa Myanmar I Visa Nepal I Bangkok I Chiangmai Hotels I Pattaya I Golf Chiangmai golf 




Remember if coming to Thailand for longer stays then 1 month go to your nearest Thai Consulate in your home country. Arrival in Thailand you can obtain 30 days eg. USA. It varies between countries so check first as the rules have changed. [ Countries ]


If applying for a visa extension, re-entry permit, residence permit or other immigration services,  foreigners visiting or living in Thailand will be required to pay greatly increased official fees at immigration offices in accordance with a new Ministry of Interior regulation. For example, the current fees for a resident permit are Baht 2,000 for submitting the application and Baht 50,000 (in the case of a person legally married to a Thai, Baht 25,000) when receiving the residence permit book. Under the new fee structure, the cost of a residence permit will be Baht 7,600 for the application and Baht 191,400 (spouses of Thais or holders of residence permits, and children, Baht 95,700) when the residence permit book is issued by the Immigration Bureau.


TRAVELLING OUT OF THAILAND: the Royal Thai Embassies and the Royal Thai Consulates visa fees:

o US $60.00 for single entry
o US $150.00 for multiple entries
o US $150.00 (APEC Multiple Entries)
o US $300.00 (Three-year Non-Immigrant "B" for Business and Work)

o US $30.00 per entry

o US $25.00 per entry



Approval of a residence permit (payable on receipt of residence book) 191,400 baht

Approval of a residence permit (payable on receipt of residence book) for a foreigner married to a Thai, the spouse of a resident, and any of their children who have not reached the status of a Thai juristic person (i.e., unmarried children aged below 20 years) 95,700 . Newspaper business Costs will be =20,000 baht

In a related action, the Immigration Bureau has approved a new regulation governing the requirements for qualifying for extensions of visas. However, at present it is planned to implement this regulation in July 2004. Source: 29 Tanin Law Office Co Ltd, Chiangmai Contact No : +66 53 142366
Fax No : +66 53 142367Address: The 29 Tanin, No.229, Room B,Punna Residence @ CMU,
Room B, Ground Floor,No.229 Huay Kaew Road,Suthep Muang,Chiang Mai,50200

Effective 10th July 2004 Company salaries per month  INCREASED FOR ALL FOREIGNERS WORKING IN THAILAND eg. salary increase for USA, Japan, Canada, will be 60,000 baht, 50,000 baht for NZ, Aus & EU countries, 45,000 baht for Korea,Taiwan,Singapore, Malaysia, S.A. Hong kong, 35,000 baht for India, Middle east,Indonesia,Philippines,China & 25,000 baht Vietnam, Africa, Laos, Myanmar,Cambodia. More info in the next issue.

Marriage visas 400,000 baht per year.


  You need to travel to Chang Khong, Mae Sot or Nong Khai in Laos. --- PLEASE RING THE MAE SAI IMMIGRATION: (053) 731-008 OR CHIANGMAI (053) 277-510  & MAE SOT (055)563-002-4 TO CONFIRM

Law services-. Use our Thai Law Office & compare our fees. Specializing in all Law work including retired visas, work permits, company formation, limited partnerships, wills, contracts, title deed searches, conveyancy, leases, house buying, litigation, marriage services, criminal work, translations English, Thai, German. WE QUOTE LAW SERVICES ON REQUEST. 

VISA RUNS You already have a tourist's valid for one or two months from the date of issue. This visa can be extended by one month in Thailand. In Chiang Mai, go to the immigration office. The extension fee is 500 Baht. After this month expires you can re-apply for yet another extension (same fee). You get an "under consideration for X amount of days" stamp endorsement, another one when you return (after crossing into Mynamar or Laos) after X amount of days (no fee) and finally a "must leave country in X amount of days" endorsement. This gives you approximately 30 days more.  To enter Laos you can get a visa at the border towns of Chiang Khong or Nong Khai. You can also obtain a visa in Chiang Mai. In Chiang Khong - The Laos town of Huai Sai across the Mae Khong River from where you travel onwards onto Luang Prabang in Laos.

POLICE COMPLAINTS: now have a new email address if you have a problem with Thai Police on  & P.O. Box 191, Rong Muang, Pathum Wan, 10330, Thailand.


Need to rent or buy a condo, apartment or house in ChiangMai or North Thailand then check out the new Asia Real Estate---[ Properties ] The only Thailand Real Estate that publishes on hardcopy & has ongoing help services to their clients for FREE specializing to foreigners. Highly recommended .

[ Non immigrant Visas ] [Lawyer costs & services ] [ Visas ] [ Re-entry Visa] [ Work Permits ] [ Companies ] [ Limited Partnerships ] [ Tourist visas ] [ Residency Visa] [ 1 year visa ] [ Thai license ]  [ Company tax ] [ Income tax ] [ Company VAT ] [ Visa runs ] [ Read expats Newsboard   VISA COSTS ] [ Visa checkpoint emails ]

[ Thailand Visas on arrival ][ Re-entry Visas ] [ Borders Open for Visas ]

[ THAI VISA & IMMIGRATION NEWS ] [ Thai Immigration ] [ Laos Visas ] [ Laos Info ] [ Myanmar Visas ] [ Myanmar Travel ] [ Cambodia ] [ Nepal ] [ World Thai Embassy Addresses ]

Current Thailand Weather
Thai Baht Exchange Rates
Rent, lease or buy a Business in Chiangmai we can help:
Bangkok Trader NEWS: Free [ classifieds ]
New Law website: 
Bangkok Real Estate: 


EXPORTS IMPORTS & SHIPPING [ SHIPPING FORM ] [ Shipping Info ] [ Shipping & Freight ] [ Arriving Bangkok ]  [ Importing to Thailand ] [ Importing Cars & Vehicles to Thailand ] [ Freight forwarding ] [ Container cost ]  [ Sea freight ] [ Air freight ] [ Airlines in Thailand ] [Back to exporters list ] [ Container cost ] [ Shipping to USA ] [ Shipping Personal items ] [ Shipping Cars ] [ Shipping Agent ] [ Buddha images & Food  ] [ Tariffs ] [ Letter of credit ] [ Fine Arts license ]  [ SHIPPING FORM ]



[ Outsourcing Products in China & Thailand ]        






Please email :

N.B. Complete law services via our NEW Thai Lawyer partner . (re: Alien Business Law: NEC Announcement 281 Cat A prohibited to foreigners). However under the terms of our  Company License Asia Trading Post (Co Ltd)  provide : 1. Cat 34 lawyer services  &2.  Cat 35.consultancy services.

 COPYRIGHT: No parts or parts of this website may be copied, printed or circulated for publication in any form or part of without the express written permission of Asia Trading Post Co Ltd. Please also note all Thailand affected pages which include eg. law, immigration, visas can not be used unless  written permission is obtained from both 29 Tanin Co Ltd--Law Office & also Asia Trading Post Co Ltd by way of contract.  All infringements will be an infringement of privacy and our company will act accordingly. See FAQs