TRAVELLING OUT OF THAILAND: the Royal Thai Embassies and the Royal Thai Consulates visa fees:

o US $60.00 for single entry
o US $150.00 for multiple entries
o US $150.00 (APEC Multiple Entries)
o US $300.00 (Three-year Non-Immigrant "B" for Business and Work)

o US $30.00 per entry

o US $25.00 per entry


Visitors to Laos can apply for a visa on arrival again for $US30 or 1500 baht in Vientiane & Luang Phrabang & in Bangkok at the Laos Embassy, Ramkhamhaeng Soi 39 in Bang Kapi (Tel: 539-6667-8 or the Laos Consulate in Khon Kean (043) 223698.You can also obtain visas off travel agents for 1000 baht to 1200 baht & in Changkhong they cost 1800 baht. A Tourist visa is valid for 15 days, a border crossing visa for 7 days, a visiting visa for 1 month & a business visa for 18 months. Costs of visas vary according to country of origin but most cost $US10-30. You need the following: valid passport, 2" photograph. If travelling beyond Laos to Vietnam, China or Cambodia & return to Laos you can request a double-entry visa issued from the Laos Embassy but they are getting harder now.


Two pictures, one form, 500 Baht, (try to have the exact amount). submit two copies of everything. Have original copy of pension papers. They have a notice up that it takes 48 hours to process the "O" non immigrant papers. Get there on a Monday morning you should have your papers back by Tuesday morning. You get your original pension papers back (don't forget 'em).  Oh yes, remember to smile, smile, smile! must have 800,000 baht if under 55 & 800,000 baht  with proof of pension payments. They prefer to give tourist visas now and you can only obtain one reentry off them.


You cannot obtain a multiple B non immigrant visa in Vientiane. Only a single and double tourist visa are issued.




Immigration procedure: A Visa valid from a 30-day stay is issued at the International airport. The visa is available on arrival at the Pochentong International Airport for the charge of US$20 for tourist visa and US$25 for business visa. Visas are also issued at Royal Cambodia Embassies or consulates in foreign countries. Although it is said Cambodian visas must be obtained in advance if you enter anywhere other than Phnom Penh airport one can, in fact, obtain a Cambodian visa for $20 at the border crossing at Aranyaprathet, between the hours of 9am-5pm It takes only a few minutes to get it after you fill out the form.
Departure: To have your ticket confirmed at the offices of the Airline you hold a ticket with. To pay the Airport departure tax of US$20 (US$10 for domestic flights) at the airports check-in desk where you will receive your boarding pass. 
Custom regulations: Religious artifacts and precious stones that you have bought in Cambodia will require an export permit. There is no limit to the amount of foreign currency taken into the country, but 
it should be declared upon arrival.

If you are a tourist:in July 2nd 2000 Bangkok Post published a story where 6 foreigners were arrested in Sihanoukville at the Melting Pot restaurant for drugs. Phnom Penh is under International pressure to stamp out the drug trade. Owner Craig Alexander from Britain was using the shop as a drug front. As of 2005 the Cambodian authorities are cracking down on drugs, peodophilia etc so don't get caught and better off stay in your own country.




Obtained from the Vietnamese Consulate in Khon Kean (Tel: 043- 242190) or at the Vietnamese Embassy in Bangkok on Wireless Rd (Tel: 251-5835-8). A visa for a one-time visit costs $US40 for 15 days. A 2-time visa costs $US40 & a multiple-entry visa $US75.Tourists wishing to enter Vietnam through a permanent border crossing point have a specify which border crossing he or she intends to use.

Newest border crossings are at Voeung Kam, Laos & Chau Doc, Vietnam. The Vietnamese crossing at Ha Tien is not open. Voeung Kam is now open in both directions. Check with your embassy for travel security. The vaccination & cholera scams still exist from border guards. Remember a vaccination card is not required


                READY  REFERENCE  VISAS

Click links

Embassies and Thai consulates issue 60-day tourist visas 30 day transit visas are given on arrival to passengers of around 56 nationalities at Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Hat Yai or Phuket Airport & less if you come from other countries..


30 day visa. 
Requires 2 working days.
Cost U.S.$20
Cambodia - A hidden Kingdom
Lonely Planet - Cambodia
6 month multiple entry
Takes 5 working days
Cost is 2100 B/ US Passport 3100 B

Excite - India

Welcome to India


15 day visas not obtainable in Laos any more
Takes 3 working days (Express service  1 day extra charge)
Cost (3 days) varies with Nationality : 1,300 - 1,600B

Vientiane Times
Excite - Laos

Myanmar (Burma).

4 week visa
Takes 2 working days
Cost 900B
Lonely Planet - Myanmar
30 days  Takes 4 working days Lonely Planet - Vietnam
Cost 2,300 B/ Israeli Passport 3700 B Welcome to Vietnam
Royal Thai Consulate-General
No. 1, Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman
10350 Penang,Tel : (094) 2268029, 2269484 Fax : (094) 2263121
MRS. RUSHDA THAVARAVEJ Penthouse 2 (Harbour View) No. 1 Persiaran Gurney 10250 Penang, MALAYSIA.  Tel. (094) 229-1492


The Cabinet ruled visitors from China and India would continue to have visas on arrival but withdrew Russia and Uzbekistan.  The government slashed visas on arrival at the airport from 96 to 15."Taking into consideration the large numbers of tourists and investors from China and India, the Cabinet decided that visitors from those countries should still be able to apply for visas on arrival at the airport," Kuthep said. Presently, China's status covers Hong Kong and Taiwan as well, which contributed to the decision in China's favour. He dismissed earlier reports that Indians worked as beggars and gangsters in Thailand. "In-depth investigation showed that those beggars and gangsters were from other South Asian countries, not India," he said. The Cabinet removed 19 countries from 56 nations whose citizens had "visa-free" entry into Thailand for 1 month. Those countries removed are Burma, Mexico, Egypt, Oman, Tunisia, Chile and Bahrain. 

Visas, law help, business, advertise List of Countries whose Citizens may Enter the Kingdom as Tourist for a Maximum Period of 30 days without a Visa: Algeria Ireland Qatar Argentina Israel Republic of South Africa Australia Italy Saudi Arabia Austria Japan Senegal Bahrain Kenya Singapore Belgium Korea Slovenia Brazil Kuwait Spain Brunei Luxembourg Sweden Canada Malaysia Switzerland Denmark Mauritania Tunisia Djibouti Mexico Turkey Egypt Morocco United Arab Emirates Fiji Myanmar United Kingdom of - Finland Netherland- Great Britain And -France, Northern Ireland Germany Oman United States of America Greece Papua New Guinea Vanuatu Iceland Phillipines Western Samoa Indonesia, Portugal Yemen.

List of Countries that Require a Visa upon Arrival at the Don Muang, Chiang Mai, Phuket and Hat Yai
Airports American Continent: 
1. Antigua & Barbuda2. Bahamas3. Barbados 4. Belize 5. Republic of Bolivia 6. Republic of Chile 7. Republic of Columbia 8. Republic of Costa Rica. Asia Continent: 9. Dominica 10. Dominican Republic11. Republic of Ecuador 12. Grenada Australian & the Pacific 13. Republic of Guatemala Continent: 14. Republic of Haiti30. Republic of Kiribati 15. Republic of Honduras 16. Jamaica 17. Republic of Honduras 18. Republic of Paraguay19. Republic of Peru20. St. Christopher-Nevis 21. Saint Lucia 22. St. Vincent-Grenadines23. Republic of Surinam24. Republic of Trinidad & Tobago25. Republic26. Republic of Venezuela27. Kingdom of Bhutan28. Republic of India29. Republic of Maldives 31. Republic of Nauru32. Solomon Islands33. Republic of Tonga34. Tuvalu 

African Continent: of Sao Tome & Principe 
35. Republic of Botswana 36. Republic of Burkina 37. Republic of Burundi 38. Republic of Cameroon 39. Republic of Capeward 40. Central African Republic 41. Republic of Chad 42. Comoros 43. Republic of Ivory Coast  44. Equatorial Guinea
45. Republic of Gabon 46. Republic of Gambia European Continent: 47. Republic of Guinea-Bissau 48. Republic of Lesotho 49. Kingdom of Lesotho 50. Republic of Liberia 51. Republic of Malawi 52. Republic of Mali 53. Mauritius 54. Republic of Niger 55. Republic of Rwanda 56. Democratic Republic 
57. Republic of Seychelles58. Republic of Sierra Leone 59. Democratic Republic of Somalia 60. Kingdom of Swaziland 61. United Republic of Tanzania 62. Republic of Togo 63. Republic of Uganda64. Republic of Zaire 65. Republic of Zambia 66. Zimbabwe 67. Ethiopia 68. Principality of Andorra 69. Principality of Liechtenstein70. Republic of Malta 71. Principality of Monaco 72. Republic of San Marino 73. Vatican City 74. Bulgaria 75. Albania 76. Republic of Cyprus

Application of Extension for Tourist Visa. 

8. Applying for an extension after officially receiving Thai nationality An alien who was originally a Thai national and wishes to reside in the Kingdom in order to visit relatives or to return to their original home may apply for extension of stay in the Kingdom for the above reason, whether they have a visa or have been granted exemption from a visa. Period of extension of stay: The Immigration Bureau will
permit aliens who were originally Thai nationals to remain in the Kingdom for not more than one year at a time. 
Place to contact: For the Central region: Contact section 2 (extensions for Asian nationals), section 3 (extensions for non-Asian nationals), Section 4 (extensions for tourist visas) or section 5 (application for other types of extensions) depending on the type of visa held by the applicant, Sub-Division 2, Immigration Division 1, Soi Suan Plu, Toongmahamek, Sathorn District, Bangkok 10120. For Provincial areas: Contact the local Immigration Office. 

Applying for Endorsement For Re-entry and Non-quota Immigrant visa 
There are two requirements for aliens with permanent resident visas who wish to travel abroad: 
1. Submit his/her residentís book for endorsement before leaving, as well as; 
2. Bring his/her passport to apply for a non-quota immigrant visa in order to reserve the right to have permanent residence in the country. After leaving, the applicant must return within a year of receiving the endorsement. If he/she did not receive an endorsement or return within that time period, the applicant will automatically forfeit their permanent residence visa. Within this one year time period, the applicant can
enter and leave the country as many time as a non-quota immigrant visa permits. 

Please to contact: For the Central/Bangkok Area: Section 2, Sub-division 1, Immigration Division 1, Old Building, 1st Floor, SoiSuan Plu, South Sathorn
Road, Sathorn District, Bangkok 10120 Tel. 287-3101-10 Ext. 2273 
For the Provincial Area: Contact any Immigration Check-Point through-out the country. 
1. Residentís book 
2. Alien identification card 
3. Passport or Substitute document 
4. Work permit (if any) 
5. Three 4*6 Photos 
6. Application Form, T.M.13; for those of Chinese nationality: 3 copies: other nationalities need 2 copies. 
7. 1 copy of Application Form T.M. 22 
8. 500 baht for endorsement fee, 500 baht for non-quota immigrant visa per application. Subsequent applications can be made. 
9. An alien must apply in person each time. 
5. Alien Registration An alien who receives permanent residence must carry an "alien identification book" at all times. If he/she wishes to make any corrections or changes on the alien identification card, or would like to check it against the records at the Bureau, he/she may do so. 
Please contact: 
Section 4, Sub-division 1, Immigration Division 1, New Building, 6th Floor, 
Immigration Bureau, Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road, Sathorn District, Bangkok 
10120 Tel. 287-3113-10 Ext. 2200-3 

N.B. Our company does assist those Thais wanting Visas FREE help service and advice. (re: Alien Business Law: NEC Announcement 281 Cat A prohibited to foreigners) 

Current Thailand Weather
Thai Baht Exchange Rates
Read more Thai & World News on  [ mediasites ] [ journalism sites ]


  [ back to visas ] [ visa marriage ] [ Thai drivers license ] [ US births Report ] [ Expat News ]


EXPORTS IMPORTS & SHIPPING [ SHIPPING FORM ] [ Shipping Info ] [ Shipping & Freight ] [ Arriving Bangkok ]  [ Importing to Thailand ] [ Importing Cars & Vehicles to Thailand ] [ Freight forwarding ] [ Container cost ]  [ Sea freight ] [ Air freight ] [ Airlines in Thailand ] [Back to exporters list ] [ Container cost ] [ Shipping to USA ] [ Shipping Personal items ] [ Shipping Cars ] [ Shipping Agent ] [ Buddha images & Food  ] [ Tariffs ] [ Letter of credit ] [ Fine Arts license ]  [ SHIPPING FORM ]



[ Outsourcing Products in China & Thailand ]        






Please email :

N.B. Complete law services via our NEW Thai Lawyer partner . (re: Alien Business Law: NEC Announcement 281 Cat A prohibited to foreigners). However under the terms of our  Company License Asia Trading Post (Co Ltd)  provide : 1. Cat 34 lawyer services  &2.  Cat 35.consultancy services.

 COPYRIGHT: No parts or parts of this website may be copied, printed or circulated for publication in any form or part of without the express written permission of Asia Trading Post Co Ltd. Please also note all Thailand affected pages which include eg. law, immigration, visas can not be used unless  written permission is obtained from both 29 Tanin Co Ltd--Law Office & also Asia Trading Post Co Ltd by way of contract.  All infringements will be an infringement of privacy and our company will act accordingly. See FAQs