ClassifiedsTravel I Exporters Listings I Importers I Trade Help I Business I Directories I Publishing I Thai Govt




All ordinary persons must obtain a tax ID within 60 days after receiving income, and from the date of reg if a juristic person. Income from  Thailand employment is subject to Thai tax, regardless of where the employment income is paid. Income is cash, properties, benefits, are deemed income. This includes salaries, wages, bonuses, allowances, gratuities, pensions, handouts, commissions, education payments, house rent allowances, the monetary value of rent-free residence provided by an employer, utility bills, payments made by an employer for the settlement of any obligation due from an employee, income tax reimbursed & various other incomes. Profits or gains from trade, business, commerce, professions  in Thailand are subject to tax whether or not the individual is resident in Thailand. 



Business expenses, transport expenses, costs incurred, looking after dependents, gifts, insurances or assistance schemes are exempt.If a foreigner buy your car on finance & get yourself a Visa card (you need to have surety with Bangkok Bank ) but its worth it for your flights, booking on line and to send to your accountant for tax deductions. If you rent many landlords do not wish to pay tax so you cannot claim on your rental office. You can also contribute to a Social Security Fund rated not over 3% of wages, & not exceeding 15,000 Bht per month. A Provident Official Fund rated not over 15% of wages, on the portion exceeding 10,000Bht, but not over Bht290,000 per annum; and money or any benefits received from the Official Provident Fund upon retirement, disability or death. A non-resident is not subject to tax on  investment income and capital gains from outside Thailand.  A resident pays tax on investment income and capital gains derived from sources outside Thailand if the investment income and capital gains are  remitted into Thailand in the year in which they occur. 


Investment income and capital gains from sources in Thailand are taxable except capital gains on the Stock Exchange 

All employers must deduct income tax at each income payment: 
(a) multiply the amount paid Xs number of times of payment to arrive at 
the total amount which would be payable in a year; and 
(b) after deducting expenses and allowances, calculate the tax on such 
amount in accordance with the personal income tax rates; and 
(c) divide tax calculated by the number of times paid. 

A resident of a country having a double taxation agreement with Thailand may qualify for exemption from Thai personal income tax. Double taxation agreements contain clauses which exempt a resident of one country from tax on employment income in the other if he or she is present in the latter for less than 183 days in the tax year, provided certain other conditions are met regarding the payer of the employment income. 

The objective of the fund is to support employees who suffer from accident, illness, disability or death, not related to work. As of 2004 all Thai Companies must register for Social Welfare tax on all employees including the foreigners who hold work permit. failure will mean loss of work permit & or fine.You must pay 5% tax on employees wages each month & 5% government fee. eg Say you earn 10,000 baht a month =5% twice. Then you have one employee on say 6000 baht & then 2 others on 5000 baht again taxed at 6% = 1560 baht to pay each month.Social Security Fund. Employers, employees and the government must contribute an equal monthly sum to the Social Security Fund at the rate of 5% on employment income. The maximum wage for computing the contribution is Bht15,000 per month. Employer and employee contributions must be remitted to the Fund by the employer within 15 days of the following month. 



Law Help just write to us:

( We wish to thank Kuhn Ornachai  for sending us the above information Please ask your accountant to verify as we do not accept responsibility as there could be changes since we received this information. This is only a basic guide for those interested in the tax system of Thailand & parts may not be accurate as changes are occurring all the time ).



EXPORTS IMPORTS & SHIPPING [ SHIPPING FORM ] [ Shipping Info ] [ Shipping & Freight ] [ Arriving Bangkok ]  [ Importing to Thailand ] [ Importing Cars & Vehicles to Thailand ] [ Freight forwarding ] [ Container cost ]  [ Sea freight ] [ Air freight ] [ Airlines in Thailand ] [Back to exporters list ] [ Container cost ] [ Shipping to USA ] [ Shipping Personal items ] [ Shipping Cars ] [ Shipping Agent ] [ Buddha images & Food  ] [ Tariffs ] [ Letter of credit ] [ Fine Arts license ]  [ SHIPPING FORM ]



[ Outsourcing Products in China & Thailand ]        



Please email :

N.B. Complete law services via our NEW Thai Lawyer partner . (re: Alien Business Law: NEC Announcement 281 Cat A prohibited to foreigners). However under the terms of our  Company License Asia Trading Post (Co Ltd)  provide : 1. Cat 34 lawyer services  &2.  Cat 35.consultancy services.

 COPYRIGHT: No parts or parts of this website may be copied, printed or circulated for publication in any form or part of without the express written permission of Asia Trading Post Co Ltd. Please also note all Thailand affected pages which include eg. law, immigration, visas can not be used unless  written permission is obtained from both 29 Tanin Co Ltd--Law Office & also Asia Trading Post Co Ltd by way of contract.  All infringements will be an infringement of privacy and our company will act accordingly. See FAQs