PHILIPPINES tourist INFO

coming from Thailand     


                                          PHILIPPINES VISAS & WHAT A FOREIGNER CAN BUY AND OWN & BUSINESS INFO

Like Thailand the Philippine constitution prohibits foreigners from purchasing land. Only Filipino citizens or corporations with at least 60% Filipino equity can acquire lands in the national territory. Corporations with the accepted foreign/Filipino equity stake percentages still must apply to the Board of Investment (BOI) for permission to buy, sell, or act as an intermediary in a real estate transaction. This normally takes 60 to 90 days.

Under the Philippine Constitution, a corporation is Filipino-owned if 60% of its stocks are owned by Filipino citizens. So, the 40% may be owned by a foriegner. In fact, one foreigner may even become the sole holder of the bank account of that corporation, if he has proper Philippine Visa status and status documents same as Thailand. The foreigner is allowed full control over the assets including the accounts and real properties of the corporation. This is the best way for a foreigner to control real property in the Philippines.Foreign corporations in general that are investing in the Philippines can lease land for up to 50 years, with a renewal option for another 25 years.4

Foreigners Leasing Of Philippine Real Estate Property : Leasing land in the Philippines on a long term basis is an option for foreigners or foreign corporations with more than 40 percent foreign equity. Under the Investor's Lease Act of the Philippines a foreign national and or corporation may enter into a lease agreement with Filipino landowners for an initial period of up to 50 years renewable once for an additional 25 years.

Foreigners owning Houses in the Philippines: If your married to a filipino citizen you can both own it together as conjugal property. But heirs like your kids back home cannot inherit it from you unless they are Philippine citizens. Foreigners owning a house or building in the Philippines is legal as long as the foreigner does not own the land on which the house is build. Land stays in the filipino name of your wife or whoever if you buy or put the money up. Another way the partner/spouse biz partner owns 51% or more and the remainder is owned by the foreigner (with signed share transfer form)

Foreigners owning Condominiums & Townhouses in the Philippines: The Condominium Act of the Philippines, R.A. 4726, expressly allows foreigners to acquire condominium units and shares in condominium corporations up to not more than 40% total condos and outstanding capital stock of a Filipino owned or controlled condominium corporation. Thus foreign ownership over the condominium cannot exceed 40%. However, there are a very few single-detached homes or Townhouses in the Philippines with condominium titles. Most condominiums are high rise buildings. Foreign investors can purchase up to 40% of the units in a condominium project. Foreigners can own these condominiums in their own names and this is the general practice.



VISAS FOR PHILIPPINES MANILA: Can get 1 month on arrival. An alien who is admitted as a non-immigrant cannot remain in the Philippines permanently. To obtain permanent admission, a non-immigrant alien must depart voluntarily to a foreign country and procure from the appropriate Philippine consul the proper visa and thereafter undergo examination by the officers of the Bureau of Immigration at a Philippine port of entry for determination of his admissibility in accordance with the requirements of this Act.

-    all aliens who will stay for more than 59 days are required to register with the following fees:

Application 300.00 300.00
Extension 500.00 500.00
Alien Certificate of Registration
1,000.00 500.00
Exit Clearance (ECC)
700.00 200.00
40.00 40.00
  2,790.00 1,540.00
  500.00 500.00
3,290.00 2,040.00

-    maximum extension for restricted nationals is one (1) month up to six (6) months only (for all expired visa, the updating fees for the payment of express fee will based in the number of months of extension)
-    for non-restricted nationals is two (2) months up to one (1) year (for all expired visa, the updating fee of express if every two months)
-    aliens who will stay for more than six (6) months are required to pay CERTIFICATE OF RESIDENCE TEMPORARY VISITOR in the amount of P 1,400.00. [ See Retirement Visa ]



Philippines Embassy , Thailand
760 Sukhumvit Road, Corner Soi Philippines (Sukhumvit 30/1)
Prakhanong Bangkok 10110 Thailand
Phone: +66-2-259-0139         +66-2-259-0140        +66-2-258-5401        
Fax:+66-2-259-2809 +66-2-259-7373
Email: or
Website URL:
Travelers to the Philippines for business and tourism purposes are allowed to enter the Philippines without visas for a stay not exceeding twenty-one (21) days, provided they hold valid tickets for their return journey to port of origin or next port of destination

Royal Thai Embassy
107 Rada /Thailand Street, Legaspi Village, Makati City, Metro Manila
P.O. Box 1228. Makati Central Post Office, Makati 1252
Tel. (632) 815-4219-20, (632) 816-0696-7Consular : (632) 810-3833, (632) 817-4262
Information Section : (632) 815-4220 Fax. (632) 815-4221
E-mail :
Website :
Office Hours :Monday to Friday 09.30 hrs to 12.30 hrs and 13.30 hrs to 17.00 hrs
Visa and Consular section :

[ Philippines DIRECTORY ]


[ Thailand Bangkok toPhilippines cont- 2009 ] [ Philippines--vS-- THAILAND ] [ Philippines--Customs ] [ Philippines--what to take 2009 ] [ Philippines-Jollibee outlets ] [ Philippines-Manila Hotels 2009 ] [ Philippines-Cebu ] [ Philippines-Taxis & Travel ] [ Philippines-Cebu Airlines 2009 ] [ Philippines-Jeepneys ] [ Fly the Bus Swagman ] [ Philippines-Angeles 2009 ] [ Angeles Walkabout Hotel ] [ Angeles to Subic Bay ] [ Subic Bay Info ] [ Subic Bay- Town ] [ Subic Bay Hotels & resorts ]

[ Pattaya Useful tel numbers ] [ Pattaya Best Restaurants & Buffets ] [ Pattaya Bars ] [ Pattaya Jet Ski hire ] [ Pattaya Hire Cars / Bikes ] [ Pattaya Car/Motorcycle Reg office ] [ Buying Cars in Thailand ] [ Buying Motorcycles in Thailand ] [ PATTAYA BIKE WEEK 2009  ] [ BANG SAEN BIKE WEEK 2008   ] [ FISHING NEWS ] [ Check out BANG SAEN  ] [ More Bang Saen pics ]

2009 [ BANGKOK PROPERTY REPORT 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] [ LEASING PROPERTY ] [ BUYING GUIDE ][ THAI PROPERTY REPORT ] [ COMPANIES & LOANS FOR PROPERTY ] [ More Thailand Finance News] [ Pension Funds ] [ Depression looms 2008 ] [ Hedge funds 2008 ] [ Investing fund guidelines ] WHY YOU [ DO NOT INVEST in Finance Companies ] [ Buy Gold not shares or invest in finance companies ] [ Thai Property Speculation & Sub Prime crises ]   [ Thai Property Speculation & Sub Prime crises ] [ Investment property guide] [ Borrowing money] [ Using Thai Company to hold Property ] [ Best Option for foreigners buying ]


EXPORTS IMPORTS & SHIPPING [ SHIPPING FORM ] [ Shipping Info ] [ Shipping & Freight ] [ Arriving Bangkok ]  [ Importing to Thailand ] [ Importing Cars & Vehicles to Thailand ] [ Freight forwarding ] [ Container cost ]  [ Sea freight ] [ Air freight ] [ Airlines in Thailand ] [Back to exporters list ] [ Container cost ] [ Shipping to USA ] [ Shipping Personal items ] [ Shipping Cars ] [ Shipping Agent ] [ Buddha images & Food  ] [ Tariffs ] [ Letter of credit ] [ Fine Arts license ]  [ SHIPPING FORM ]




[ Outsourcing Products in China & Thailand ]        






Please email :

N.B. Complete law services via our NEW Thai Lawyer partner . (re: Alien Business Law: NEC Announcement 281 Cat A prohibited to foreigners). However under the terms of our  Company License Asia Trading Post (Co Ltd)  provide : 1. Cat 34 lawyer services  &2.  Cat 35.consultancy services.

 COPYRIGHT: No parts or parts of this website may be copied, printed or circulated for publication in any form or part of without the express written permission of Asia Trading Post Co Ltd. Please also note all Thailand affected pages which include eg. law, immigration, visas can not be used unless  written permission is obtained from both 29 Tanin Co Ltd--Law Office & also Asia Trading Post Co Ltd by way of contract.  All infringements will be an infringement of privacy and our company will act accordingly. See FAQs