ClassifiedsTravel I Exporters Listings I Importers I Trade Help I Business I Export ads I Publishing I RegisterBus






If you are coming to Thailand you should apply to a Consulate in your country to obtain a multiple tourist visa first unless you are being hired by a Thailand Company. Costs vary for  a "B" working nonimmigrant visa. Ask your own Thai Consulate in your country. If a non immigrant "B" visa you must have a letter of introduction from a Thai Company certified with Company stamp / letterhead which will then enable you to be issued with a multiple B non immigrant visa. The letter states they intend to employ you or invite you to do research for the company looking towards employment.Ypou may also be asked for Tor Tor 3 from the labour office.  In some countries like Laos (single entry ONLY) & Penang you need company papers with memorandum & list of shareholders, balance sheets & tax cert, CV of the person applying, 2 passport photos & show your work permit with the letter. Remember also changes occur to requirements at a moment's notice. Once you have your B Visa then you apply for your work permit in Thailand. You cannot obtain a work permit outside Thailand as company papers need to be filed and you must be in Thailand to obtain this. No exceptions. Therefore to obtain a work permit you either have limited partnership, a company or are going to be employed by a Thai company. You can use your "O" non immigrant visa until it runs out if you apply for a work permit whilst on an "O" visa. Once this expires then you must obtain the proper "B" non immigrant working visa which normally requires you to leave Thailand to apply for a fresh "B" visa in a consulate away from Thailand. If you need advice just write to us. [ Visa Help

USA NON IMMIGRANT B VISAS: If you write a letter of invitation to a friend to join your company you must now enclose company papers, tax certificate & evidence of share transfer capital before they will issue you with a multiple visa; LA- Thai Embassy.

An alien (foreigner) may submit a visa application at the Thai Embassy or Consulate abroad who will pass this on via the Foreign Ministry to the Immigration Bureau. Duration of the first permit: 
A. 90 days: As warranted by the visa granted, the alien will receive a visa for a maximum period of 90 days only. 
B. Longer than 90 days: If the visa is approved by the Immigration Bureau, the applicant will receive a non-immigrant visa "code B-A" which will entitle the alien to stay in the Kingdom for a period of one year from the day of entry. Duration of extension: 
A. When an alien enters the Kingdom with a 90 days visa and would like to apply for an extension to continue his investment or business, he/she may apply for an extension of not more than one year at a time. 
B. When an alien enters the Kingdom with a non-immigrant visa "code B-A" which gives permission of a stay for one year upon entry, he/she may re-apply for an extention the next year. The Immigration Office will grant a one year extention. 

Vientiane: only single entries; Penang: multiple entries allowed. Your business papers, letter saying you are working here by a company & shareholders needed. 

COMPANIES WRITING LETTERS FOR FRIENDS: Word of caution you become the guarantor of that person & should he/she not have insufficient funds while in Thailand & you will be asked to repatriate that person back to country of origin & pay any outstanding debts in Thailand. You are also responsible for that person in Thailand. If the person incurs offences whilst here or runs out of money then your company will have to pay. You may also be asked why have you written so many letters and why isn't that person employed by you?

EXTENSION Requirements: 
1. Application Form T.M.7.       2. A copy of passport  
3. One 4*6 cm. Photo.             4. 1900 baht fee.                      
For provincial areas: Contact any Immigration check-point throughout the country. 
6. Applying for an extension of tourist visa Initial place to contact: 
An alien must apply for a tourist visa at a Thai Embassy or Consulate abroad before entering the Kingdom. Duration of the First permit: 
Upon entering the country, as warranted by a tourist visa, permission will be granted for 60 days. Duration of extension: Normally, if the applicant wants to continue touring the country, an extension may be granted for not more than 30 days unless there are extenuating circumstances that would entitle the alien to a one year
7. Applying for an extension for aliens who receive a visa upon arrival while in transit, including those who are exceptions to normal visa procedures, i.e. airline personnel 
The above mentioned aliens do not normally receive visa extension except in special cases such as illness which prevents them from travelling, etc. 

Requirements for non immigrant visa: 

A foreigner applies for a  non-immigrant visa when he/she wants to stay or work in Thailand. This visa has several categories: a diplomatic visa (D) is for those employed by an embassy, a business visa (B) or a mass media visa (M) are for accredited business or press representatives, a dependent visa (O), an expert visa (EX) are for those performing skilled or expert work, an investor visa (IM) is for foreigners who set-up their companies under the Board Of Investment BOI and a study/education visa (ED) is for teachers. Official ( F). Performance of official duties (involving the Thai government). Capital Investment ( IM ). Investment (with concurrence of the ministries and departments concerned). BOI ( IB ). Investment subject to the provision of the laws on investment promotion. (ED). Educational study or observation. ( R ). Missionary work. ( RS). Scientific research or training, or study in an educational institution in the Kingdom. ( EX). Performance of skilled or expert work. ( S). Participation in an officially recognized sports event. Others "O". Others, including dependents and retired persons.
INVESTOR VISAS. This is a new category of visa with issuance controlled by the Board of Investment. This visa can carry a residence permit for applicant and immediate family if a specified amount of capital is brought into Thailand for investment. Direct Investment: Applicable by aliens who bring into Thailand not less than Baht 10 million for investment in a new project which benefits the country's economy or a project subject to the approval and conditions set forth by the Committee for Granting Permanent Residence; or Investment in Securities:Applicable to aliens who bring into Thailand money to buy special-type bonds prescribed by the Ministry of Finance and the Bank of Thailand. Persons granted visas must not transfer or redeem the bonds for a period of 10 years.
• Investor Baht 8 million
• Spouse Baht 6 million
• Per minor, unmarried child Baht 2 million
Normally, a 90 days non-immigrant visa can be applied for from a Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate in your own country. 

When an alien applies for a "B" non-immigrant visa, to stay in the country 90 days or less, and would like to apply for an extension or an alien applies for a non-immigrant visa "code B-A" , to stay over  90 days, he/she will need to submit the following: 

3. Applying for an extension for aliens who support or are being supported by parents with Thai nationality or have residence in Thailand. 
Initial place to contact: An alien must apply for non-immigrant visa "code O" at a Thai Embassy or Consulate abroad before he/she enters the country. 
Duration of the first permit: As warranted by this visa, the applicant will receive permission to stay for 90 days. Duration of extension: The Immigration Office will grant that applicant a maximum extension of one year at a time. 

1. Application Form T.M. 7.                          2. A copy of passport or substitute document. 
3. One 4*6 cm. Photo.                                 4. Marriage certificate. 
5. 1900 baht fee.                                           6. Birth certificate (if any). & current  medical original certificate ( any Thai clinic will do for 30-50 baht).
7. Evidence to identify that the supporter or the one being supported has a Thai nationality or has residence in Thailand. 
8. If an alien is the supporter, he must submit financial evidence, proof of employment, work permit and tax receipts. 
4. Applying for an extension for aliens who support or are being supported by a spouse with Thai nationality or who has residence in Thailand Initial place to contact: 
An alien must apply for a non-immigrant visa "code O" at a Thai Embassy or Consulate abroad before entering the Kingdom. Duration of first permit: As warranted by this visa, permission is given for a period of 90 days. Duration of extension: The Immigration Office will grant him a maximum extension of one year at a time. 


Applying for a Non-Immigration visa 
Normally, a visa can be obtained from the Thai Embassy or Consulate in your country that is valid for 90 days (single entry), double or multiple. If you wish to stay for one year: 
1. An alien submits an application for a non-immigrant visa at a Thai Embassy or Consulate which will be sent to the Immigration Bureau in Thailand. Foreigners with non-immigrant visas who have resided in Thailand continuously for three years (on 1-year visa extensions), may apply for permanent residency. 


If arriving at the new Bangkok airport and you need re entry permit make sure you have photos and also copies of your passport. There are no copiers at the airport.

A One year Visa O-A or B-A. ( A in the O-A visa is when an extension of stay has been approved by Bangkok Immigration before arrival ).  A foreigner can have a Multiple Entry Non-Immigrant Visa valid for One Year with the following requirements. Most foreigners qualify for this type of "One Year Visa". A foreigner may set up a company in Thailand with minimum registered capital of 2 million baht, though this money is on paper only, to obtain a one-year visa you need this. A foreigner married to a Thai national may obtain a one-year visa, provided they have no less than 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account. A foreigner working in Thailand can obtain a one-year visa by applying for a work permit using supporting documentation provided by the employer and after 1 year then apply for a 1 year visa which means you need to register for VAT and pay yourself a salary which may be from 35,000-to 60,000 baht depending on what country you come from.  You must have a work permit to apply. This will then allow you to obtain a "month under review" stamp in your passport while your non immigrant year visa is processed in Bangkok. Sometimes they may give you 2 under reviews before they have all the paperwork but there is a check list of things you must comply with. Remember there are approx 50 pages of requirements and they must be meticulous and in duplicate .You must pay VAT & yourself a salary that is taxed monthly. 


Initially you must apply for a nonimmigrant visa before you enter the country from a Thai Embassy abroad.  Requirements: 1/. Application form T.M. 2/. Copy of passport . 3/. One 4 x 6 cm photo. 4/. 500 baht fee. 5/. Proof of financial status or pension.5/.  50 years old, proof of money of 800,000 baht in a Thai bank OR an income of not less than 65,000 baht per month must be presented. The applicant must also submit medical certificates and proof that he/she lived in Thailand for a long time. For info: Tel: 01-9527812 or our law Office (053) 410-174. Our law Office can now submit your applications. [ LAW SERVICES ]

Pensioners arriving before Oct 1998 with unbroken records while living here only need 200,000 baht in a Thai Bank when they apply for an extension.

There is an immigration office at Kabcheong, about 20 km south of Prasat and 50 km south of Surin. I am not aware of the precise address but there is basically only one street in Kabcheong. The telephone number is 044 559 166. You can uplift a 12 month retirement visa there in 15 minutes with all the right paperwork.


Retirees who are married to a foreigner eg. Englishman married to a Phillipino can apply for his "O" status non immigrant visa under the normal criteria of 800,000 baht or 65,000 baht coming in each month. However if he /she wants to include spouse and children on this Visa he/she can. (Please ask us as we can help those who need these visas). There are new rules on dependent visas now as at Sept 2006



- Copy of passport and two recent photographs;

- Copy of academic degree(s) or curriculum vitae;

- Original letter from the 'inviting company/employer' indicating the reason for employment, position, and salary;

- Copy of the inviting company’s registration document, certified by authorized director(s);

- Copy of list of shareholders of the inviting company (if any);

- Copy of inviting company’s latest income tax statement (Por Ngor Dor 50 and 30);

- Copy of inviting company’s registration for Value-Added Tax (VAT) (Por Phor 20);

- Copy of inviting company’s latest balance sheet;

- List of all foreign employees employed by the inviting company (specified by name, nationality and position);

- When the inviting company is export-oriented, latest bill of lading or bank statement(s) indicating export transactions.

Those wanting a visa simply to come to Thailand on business [not for employment] must provide:

- Copy of passport and two recent photographs;

- Letter from applicant’s company indicating reason for visit;

- If self-employed, financial statement of the applicant;

- Letter of invitation from the inviting company in Thailand, indicating reason for visit;

- Copy of the inviting company’s registration document, certified by authorized director(s);

- Copy of list of shareholders of inviting company (if any);

- Copy of inviting company’s latest balance sheet & Tor Tor 3 from the Labour office.


[ Full law services ]-We can now offer you services at very reasonable rates. Please ask us any questions and compare our prices. Specializing in retired/dependency visas, work permits, company formation, limited partnerships, immigration help,account services, conveyancy, leases, house buying, litigation, marriage services & translations English, Thai, German. If you need a Bangkok lawyer we can recommend you to one.

N.B. Our Asia Trading Post Co Ltd company assists retirees & O Visas via our NEW Thai Lawyer partner . (re: Alien Business Law: NEC Announcement 281 Cat A prohibited to foreigners). However under the terms of our  Company License Asia Trading Post (Co Ltd)  are allowed to provide : 1. Cat 34 lawyer services  &2.  Cat 35.consultancy services.

Coming to live in Chiangmai then use ASIA REAL ESTATE. This company can help you find or rent a house or condo and provide ongoing assistance for clients that is worth its weight in gold.

  [ Corruption in Asia ] [ Buying bars ] [ Handy hints ][ Buying condo ] [ Visas Laos ] [  Myanmar Visas ]



EXPORTS IMPORTS & SHIPPING [ SHIPPING FORM ] [ Shipping Info ] [ Shipping & Freight ] [ Arriving Bangkok ]  [ Importing to Thailand ] [ Importing Cars & Vehicles to Thailand ] [ Freight forwarding ] [ Container cost ]  [ Sea freight ] [ Air freight ] [ Airlines in Thailand ] [Back to exporters list ] [ Container cost ] [ Shipping to USA ] [ Shipping Personal items ] [ Shipping Cars ] [ Shipping Agent ] [ Buddha images & Food  ] [ Tariffs ] [ Letter of credit ] [ Fine Arts license ]  [ SHIPPING FORM ]





[ Outsourcing Products in China & Thailand ]        




Please email :

N.B. Complete law services via our NEW Thai Lawyer partner . (re: Alien Business Law: NEC Announcement 281 Cat A prohibited to foreigners). However under the terms of our  Company License Asia Trading Post (Co Ltd)  provide : 1. Cat 34 lawyer services  &2.  Cat 35.consultancy services.

 COPYRIGHT: No parts or parts of this website may be copied, printed or circulated for publication in any form or part of without the express written permission of Asia Trading Post Co Ltd. Please also note all Thailand affected pages which include eg. law, immigration, visas can not be used unless  written permission is obtained from both 29 Tanin Co Ltd--Law Office & also Asia Trading Post Co Ltd by way of contract.  All infringements will be an infringement of privacy and our company will act accordingly. See FAQs